Proposition: Teaching sound doctrine leads to righteous living, and righteous living keeps the Word of God from being mocked.
- Sound doctrine is the foundation for righteous living (v. 1)
- Sound doctrine requires older men to be respectable exemplars of the faith (v. 2)
- Sound doctrine requires older women to be reverent teachers of younger women (v. 3)
- Sound doctrine requires younger women to be resolute lovers of their husbands and children (vv. 4-5)
- Sound doctrine lived out keeps people from ridiculing the Word of God (v. 5)